New BioLogic Products Turn iPhone into Powerful, Cycle Computer
Suite of new products geared towards iPhone-toting cyclists
TAIPEI, TAIWAN – March 16, 2011 – BioLogic®, a leader in urban cycling gear, today announced a suite of new products for iPhone-toting cyclists. The products include an iPhone application that tracks key ride data, a rugged iPhone case with integrated battery, and a dynamo kit that charges an iPhone while riding. For cyclists riding with their smartphones in cold weather, BioLogic also announced cycling gloves with touch-sensitive finger tips.
“Many of us here at BioLogic have logged lots of miles with iPhones stuffed in our pockets or rubber-banded to our handlebars and it seemed pretty obvious that with the right hardware and software, the iPhone would make an amazing cycling computer,” stated Joshua Hon, BioLogic Managing Director. “With our new BioLogic products, every iPhone owner can have the ultimate cycling computer — with GPS mapping, speed, and distance as well as colorie tracking. Best of all, we even offer two ways to charge your iPhone while you ride.”
BikeBrain™ Lite iPhone application
BikeBrain Lite turns an iPhone into a powerful, flexible, always-connected cycle computer. BikeBrain Lite offers GPS mapping, speed, distance, elapsed time and ten other data parameters. Highly customizable data windows let you decide which data you see. Downloadable from the Apple App Store by end of March. MSRP: Free.
• GPS mapping with actively-updated Google Maps
• Customizable windows display the data you want, the way you want it
• Training mode tracks speed, distance, laps, intervals, and much more
• Automatically keeps details of all rides
• Optimized for great balance between GPS accuracy and long battery life
Video introduction to BikeBrain Lite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVrqWYyqKiA
ReeCharge™ Case for iPhone
The ReeCharge Case is a rugged, weatherproof case that completely encloses and protects the iPhone yet still allows full access to the touch screen. The ReeCharge Case integrates a powerful 1400 mAh lithium polymer battery to help keep an iPhone charged on longer outings. The ReeCharge Case also features a mini USB charge-out port so that it can be used to charge other devices.
Equipped with rugged protection and extra power, the ReeCharge case is ideal for outdoor adventures: in the saddle, on the trail, or on the slopes. With the optional ReeCharge Case Bracket, the ReeCharge Case mounts easily to any bicycle. MSRP: US$99.99/€99.99 (incl. VAT).
• Integrated 1400 mAh lithium polymer battery
• Charge-out function allows the case to charge other USB devices
• Rugged outer case and silicone liner protects an iPhone against scratches and knocks
• Protects against weather, sweat, and grime
• Double-pivot lock system for secure case closure
• Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G
• Weight: 180 g (6.35 oz)
• Made for iPhone certified
Video introduction to the ReeCharge Case for iPhone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb0sw0fgJFE
ReeCharge™ Case Bracket
The ReeCharge Case Bracket mounts the ReeCharge Case for iPhone onto most any vehicle with a stem or railing up to 40 mm in diameter, including bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, golf carts, and boats. Heavy-duty thumbscrews keep the case securely mounted on even the roughest roads. MSRP: US$19.99/€19.99 (incl. VAT).
• Pivots 180° for easy switching between portrait and landscape modes
• The ReeCharge Case (sold separately) clips easily on and off with the push of a button
• Compatible with ReeCharge dynamo kit for charging the case from a dynamo hub
• Fits handlebars, stems, and railings up to 40 mm (1.57") in diameter
• Weight: 75 g (2.56 oz)
Video introduction to the ReeCharge Case Bracket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFsNq0QIJ4
ReeCharge™ Dynamo Kit
Bicycle hub dynamos are the perfect source of green power — magnets embedded in the hub generate electricity while riding. When used with a ReeCharge Case and Bracket, the ReeCharge Dynamo Kit takes the power from a hub dynamo to charge an iPhone. BaseCharge technology runs the charging cable directly into the Case Bracket, so there’s no fiddling with any cables to take the ReeCharge Case on and off a bike. It’s perfect for long tours where cyclists need to keep their phones and other gadgets charged. A power converter with safety circuit conditions the power to protect the ReeCharge Case and iPhone batteries from surges. MSRP: US$19.99/€19.99 (incl. VAT).
• Compatible with most standard bicycle hub dynamos
• Safety circuitry in power converter protects battery against power spikes
• Designed to work with the ReeCharge Case Bracket and ReeCharge Case (both sold separately)
• Compatible with the ReeCharge power pack (sold separately)
Video introduction to the ReeCharge Dynamo Kit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlB68KulcE
Cipher™ Cycling Gloves
Cipher cycling gloves are ideal for urban commuting — the soft shell fabric is wind resistant and warm, yet stretches for outstanding comfort. The styling is understated so they can also be paired with an overcoat. Best of all, 3M conductive fabric is integrated into the forefinger and thumb to allow full use of touch screen devices. MSRP: US$34.99/€34.99 (incl. VAT).
• 3M conductive fabric on thumb and forefinger for responsive touch screen operation
• Padded and reinforced palms for additional comfort while cycling
• Warm, stretchy soft-shell fabric
• Raised GripDots on the palm for excellent grip
• Terrycloth sweat absorption area on back of the thumb
• Reflective piping
• Leather tab closure
Video introduction to the Cipher Cycling Gloves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAkdyM2P8T4
“With its powerful CPU, massive economies of scale, and revolutionary app delivery system, the iPhone is transforming a lot of markets,” stated Hon. “We love that the iPhone can take the place of a lot of other pieces of gear; it saves money, saves planetary resources, and just means less stuff to carry around and keep charged. We’re pretty excited that our new BioLogic gear makes the iPhone that much more multi-functional.” The new line of BioLogic products will be available by summer 2011.
High-resolution photos of BioLogic products for media use are available for download.